Thursday, October 11, 2012


July 19, 2012

First, I would like to apologize for the delay of the update. I was a little under the weather yesterday.

That being said, please find below a summary of the meeting, which was held on July 17th to discuss the recall of Shelly Stanczyk, Brian Pariser and Joan Lindsay.

Prior to the commencement of the meeting approximately four or five Stanczyk supports tried to gain access to Dave Zisman’s home. I must give them props for their misguided attempt in seeing who was at the meeting and how much support we have generated. Dave was extremely courteous when he asked them to leave his home. I would not have been so pleasant.

In any event, the meeting lasted two hours and had over 30 concerned residents who attended to see in what form and fashion they could help in the recall. The meeting was scheduled to educate us on the basics of the petition and timing necessary for the recall. An unnamed attorney who worked with Norman Braman on the Carlos Alvarez recall was present. She detailed the procedures involved with the Carlos Alvarez recall while comparing that exercise with our intended recall of Stanzyk, Pariser and Lindsay.

At the end of the meeting, I personally walked away with the feeling of ease. The process appears to be more straightforward than I originally thought it would be in some aspects, although it might take a little longer than I anticipated.

Currently, JB Harris and I will spend the next couple of weeks, if necessary, working on the wording of the petition. After the petition is finalized, there will be a maximum of 30 days to collect the first round of signatures. Approximately 1500 signatures will need to be collected. A drop in the bucket considering more than a majority of residents of The Village of Palmetto Bay desperately wants a regime change.

I would like to give full details and specifics of the actual stages of the recall, but that will have to wait for another day.

I believe an executive committee of ten including myself, JB Harris, and David Zisman will be formed to keep the recall focused and on target. I saying that, all are welcome to participate in the recall and we value everyone’s personal opinions unlike the Mayor, Vice Mayor and Councilwoman who we are attempting to recall.

One more bit of information there are numerous news sources and blogs, which are writing about the actions of the three amigos on a daily basis. I am trying to keep up with these articles as fast I as can and download them to the recall website. If you know of any article I’ve missed that you think should be on the website please email me.

If you have any questions please feel free to post on the boards or contact me at dmsinger@bellsouth.net or dsinger@recallpalmettobay.com . Spread the word and help Save the Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment