Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Who is the person that keeps sending me all these emails?

Who is the person that keeps sending me all these emails?

I would be asking that same question too, if I kept being bombarded with emails related to the politics and financial integrity of Palmetto Bay. 


First off, my name is David Singer.  I was born and raised in what is now considered the Village of Palmetto Bay.  I attended Coral Reef Elementary, Palmetto Middle and Palmetto Senior High.  I also graduated from Florida State University and the University of Miami.  I am a CPA who practiced public accounting for approximately 10 years focusing on auditing.  I now run (CEO/CFO) a Real Estate Development Company, located in Coconut Grove, which specializes in large retail Shopping Centers averaging over 200,000 square feet in size.
      
The only reason I mention what I do for a living is there is misinformation or, as the Mayor said to me, “just rhetoric” being disseminated that I am an evil developer who has his eyes on Palmetto Bay - this is completely inaccurate. There is absolutely no available land within the Village of Palmetto Bay to develop the type of Shopping Centers the firm I work for develops. 

I have received many, many emails from individuals wondering why I’ve taken such an active interest in the politics of the Village of Palmetto Bay.  I must tell you until about six months ago I honestly had no idea or interest for that matter, to the extent of the problems, which were occurring in the Village.  It was an eye-opening lesson. Once I realized the political and financial integrity of the Village was on the line, I decided to get involved.

My dad, who was a holocaust survivor, always taught me to defend those who needed to be defended, fight against discrimination and to stand up for principles and ethics.  I would hope he would be proud of the stance I’m taking.

I have met Mayor Stanczyk, Vice Mayor Pariser and Councilwoman’s Lindsay’s supporters. I find a majority of them to be narrow-minded, prejudiced and intolerant, if not bigoted.    Why should we tolerate this type of behavior in our Village?

Having spoken to and received emails from residents of Palmetto Bay, I know that there is a silent majority who are just tired of the nonsense.  They are tired of the litigation, tired of the operating deficits, tired of the constant lies, tired of wasted tax $$$$, tired of the misinformation, tired of the rhetoric and tired of being represented by individuals with questionable ethics.

I've done a lot of research and have found misdirected public spending at the Village.  I draw this conclusion from analysis of documents I received from the Village of Palmetto Bay.  For your reference they are all scanned onto my website RECALLPALMETTOBAY.COM.  I have requested repeatedly to meet with Village Manager Ron Williams to review these various documents, but he has repeatedly rebuffed me.

The Village has not been receptive to citizens like me lately.  John DuBois, Jim Araiza, Karyn Cunningham and Howard Tendrich have all done their part trying to make the Village of Palmetto Bay a nicer and friendlier place to live.  It’s time for us to do our part and vote for John and Jim on Tuesday, November 20, 2012. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my Emails.

If you would like to be removed from the blog, please email me at info@palmettobayrecall.com

David Singer

1 comment:

  1. the questions should read, why does this person keep emailing me after I requested for them to stop and they already said they would remove me from their email list?

    STOP SPAMMING US!!!!!
    obviously you are getting a lot of people who do not want to hear your garbage.


    I will go against everything you say not because of what someone else says about you, but because of your unethical use of our email address's.

    also, calling people names? Really???

    ReplyDelete