Monday, November 26, 2012

Congrats to John Dubios and Tim Schaffer

Hello,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Well it’s back to work for me and the first thing I would like to do is congratulate John Dubois and Tim Schaffer on winning the election.   I hope that this will be the first step to normalcy on the Palmetto Bay Village Council.

Numerous people have emailed me over the last couple of days and asked where we are on the Recall effort and if in fact we are going to forward.  I’ll get to that bit of information at the end of this email.  Let me first address what I plan on doing in the immediate future with the email names I’ve obtained from the Village.  Please remember if you do not wish to receive any future emails please just let me know and I will delete your email address.  Alternatively, if you know someone who you think should be on the list, please reply to any of my emails with their email address.

I still plan to send out emails either weekly or bi-weekly reporting a fiscal analysis of Village expenditures.  I will also be reporting on any ordinances that the Council is planning on passing that affects the citizens who live in Palmetto Bay.

Some of the items I plan on addressing:
  • Litigation occurring in the Village and any associated costs on a monthly basis
  • Losses incurred for Coral Reef Park, or other parks in our Village including tennis courts
  • Village operating deficits
  • Any planned Capital Expenditures 
  • Positions on items to be voted on by the board
  • Land use related actions by the Council
Please note that any information I disseminate will have appropriate supporting documentation available on the recallpalmettobay.com website.  I pledge not to send any emails addressing the finances of Palmetto Bay unless I have fully reviewed financial information received directly from the Village.  There has been numerous emails that have been sent by other who will not be named with eregious misinformation regarding the Village of Palmetto Bay finances.
In regards to the Recall effort, I presently have petitions that are ready to sign.  I was hoping that these petitions would not have to be used, but feel there is still an opportunity to improve the Village by recalling one additional Council member in January.   I don’t take this decision lightly and neither do any of the individuals who are working with me on the Recall.  We feel if this individual is left on the Council the Village will still be headed down the wrong path.


In January, we plan to start the Recall effort.  The Recall effort shall be performed under the auspices of the Statutes of the State of Florida.  The same laws that allow us to have elections in our municipality allow us to have a recall.  It has neither positive nor negative attributes, it’s just a tool afforded us as part of our political process.   So in January, please do your part to direct the Village of Palmetto Bay down the right path by signing the Recall petition.
David Singer

Recallpalmettobay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment